Swoon Thursday #32


Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA Bound.This is how it works:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog.

This week, I’m SWOONING over:

Title: These Broken Stars
Series: Starbound #1
Author: Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Published: December 10th 2013
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Sci-Fi Dystipian
Source: ARC copy provided by Allen & Unwin Australia
Rating: 5/5 - review will be posted tomorrow

Her face is flushing, lips reddening, her fair skin making it easy to see. The urge to kiss her again is overpowering. This time when I lean in she doesn't break away. I bend my head to hers and slide a hand around the small of her back to pull her in. I tease her lower lip with my teeth and she gasps for a shaky breath.
I pull back a fraction, that tiny distance requiring a monumental effort. "You want me to stop". I manage, barely recognising my own voice, "you tell me"
It takes me a moment to register her dark eyes, her parted lips, the way she lean after me. Her hands curls around the sleeve of my shirt, trembling. It's then I realise my hands are none too steady either.
"You stop now", breathes, "and I'll never forgive you."

I've featured much steamier swoons is the past, but I have to say that this is one of my all time favourites. In the context of the story, this moment was so powerful and got my heart racing!

I seriously can't tell you all how much I LOVED this book!! Such an amazing story, great characters and an epic and beautiful romance!

So what's making you swoon this week?

17 comments:

  1. Great swoon. I really need to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one. I love the steamy ones but these teasing swoons area really fun too! Thanks for stopping by my swoon Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I ole the sweet teasing swoons just as much as the steamy ones! ;)

      Delete
  3. Yes, I love this one too....especially that last line! My Swoon this week is from the guy's POV too...enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah that was my fav line too ;)

      Delete
  4. I love it!!! I'll love how she finally gives in to him! Sometimes the simpler swoons are more powerful, and this one is very powerful! I need to read this book!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, this was such a powerful moment in the story, it just made the kiss so much more magical!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness getting a copy of the book very soon. Great swoon and thank you so much for sharing!!! Also thank you for stopping by and commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh excellent! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

      Delete
  6. LOVED this book! Great swoons in this book :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so many great scenes in this book!

      Delete
  7. He's so gentle with her. How can you not swoon reading about that kiss? :-)

    Thanks for visiting MY SWOONS!

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always swoon over a sweet caring guy :)

      Delete
  8. Ahhhh! I am so excited to read this now!!! Thanks Amy for that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you MUST read this book Jess, it's so amazing!

      Delete
  9. That's a great kiss and I love this cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & feel free to leave a comment...I love comments!!! And I'm always happy to spread the comment love around :)