Swoon Thursday #31


Swoon Thursday is a weekly event hosted by YA Bound.This is how it works:

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog.

This week, I’m SWOONING over:

Title: Every Breath
Series: Every #1
Author: Ellie Marney
Published: Sept 2013
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Mystery Romance
Source: ARC copy provided by Allen & Unwin Australia for fair honest review
Rating: 4/5

"Are you going to move back to the country?"…
"Well I'm just not sure now. It's confusing. There are other reasons."
"What other reasons?"
"Oh, uni maybe, and…" I meet his eyes. "Don't you know?" I push a hand through my hair, making a shaky laugh."Here's me, thinking you're some great detective, and you don't even~"
What cuts me off is Mycroft pulling on my sleeve. He pulls at me until I'm off-balance, leaning closer to him than is gravitationally possible, so I have to put my hand out to stop myself falling. My hand comes to rest on his knee, and I'm pretty sure that was his intention all along, but I don't have time or inclination to say anything about it because he's leaning forward to kiss me.
It's a soft, sinking kiss, as though we're tasting honey on each other's lips. It's nothing like I imagined, nothing wild and uninhibited. It's delicate, and gentle, and delicious. Once again I'm caught up in the wonder how how velvety his lips are, how full, the sensation of the kiss and the taste of him, and this time I don't fight it.…

Sorry to stop it there, but you'll just have to read to book to see the rest of the scene…Mwahaha!!

There was a more passionate scene than this, but I chose to feature this one because I just loved how innocent they both are.

I haven't read many YA crime or mystery books before, but I really enjoyed it. Lots of suspense and plenty of teen romantic angst! Mycroft and Rachel share some really sweet and sexy scenes!

So what's making you swoon this week?

5 comments:

  1. I love those delicate, gentle, delicious kisses. Great swoon.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read many of these books either! And OMG you should have chosen the more passionate one, Amy! You already have us wanting more by cutting the scene off! Grr lol ;)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sigh... What a kiss! You just about killed me cutting it off there! I was just getting in to it! LOL

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/11/swoon-thursday-45.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, and totally makes you tingle. Very nicely picked! My Swoon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by & feel free to leave a comment...I love comments!!! And I'm always happy to spread the comment love around :)