Liebster Blogging Award
I'd like to say a big thank you to Kelsey @ Ketch's Book Nook for nominating The Reading Realm for the Liebster Award! This is an award that is passed on by bloggers to new blogs worth reading (that have less than 200 followers)
Like Kelsey the bloggers I have chosen to nominate are ones I've met recently through hops & memes.
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
1. List 11 random facts about you
2. Answer the questions that were asked of you (by the blogger that nominated you)
3. Nominate 5 other blogs for the liebster blog award and link to their blogs
4. Notify the bloggers of their award
5. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
(If you wish to participate, that’s great, but it’s not an obligation :) )
11 Facts About Me:
1. I'm a graphic designer
2. I've never seen snow :(
3. My favourite colours are blue & green
4. I'm terrified of spiders, but I don't' like killing them either.
5. Growing up, I wanted to be a vet, but the sight of blood makes me queazy so it didn't really work out for me
6. Apparently I have very little feet, but I don't care because I'm short so I think big feet would look weird on me ;)
7. I don't like jellybeans
8. I studied Japanese for 5 years but can barely remember any of it anymore
9. I prefer to read printed books over ebooks, and hardcovers more than paperbacks
10. I like printed books because they smell nice =D
11. I hated reading Shakespeare in high school and don't get what the big deal is about his plays. Everybody seems to die in the end - that's just incredibly depressing (I read HEA exclusively!)
11 Questions From Kelsey:
1. What’s your all-time favourite novel?
Picking one is too hard, so I'm cheating =D - Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling, Persuasion by Jane Austen, The Girl From Mars by Julie Cohen & Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
2. If you could be any YA character, who would it be and why?
Jacinta from the Firelight series. I have always thought it would be amazing to be able to fly and to be able to do that as a draki - well that would be awesome! (I also wouldn't mind being Violet Eden from Embrace, mainly because I'm in love with lincoln *sigh*)
3. Are you an early morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a night owl - I could stay up all night reading, but try and wake me up in the morning and you'll suffer the Evil Wrath of Amy!
4. What was the best place you’ve ever visited?
Well I actually haven't traveled that much to be honest, so I'm going to be creative with my answer and say The Villiage of Silvanae from Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck :)
5. Which author are dying to meet in person?
Jessica Shirvington (author of the Violet Eden Chapters) she seems like she would be a totally awesome person to talk to about her writting. Plus she's an Aussie (so I have more chance of meeting her than someone overseas lol!)
6. What is the funkiest thing you ever done in your entire life?
I dyed my hair bright blue once, which does't really sound that weird, but for everyone who knows me, it was kind of a shock.
7. Favorite dessert?
Anything chocolate! I guess hot chocolate fudge brownies with ice cream would be one of the best :)
8. What’s your favourite part about blogging?
Meeting other book loving people! Not many of my friends read, so I have very few people to gush over new books to, so it's great being able to share my crazy obsession with all you fellow book lovers (if anyone is actually reading this that is ;) )
9. Tell us one unique fact about yourself:
I've been a vegetarian for just over 10 years now, since I was 14
10. Best movie to ever be released?
Well I love Ever After - probably not one of the most well known movies out there, but I absolutely love it and know every line by heart (seriously, I'm not just saying that, I could actually recite it for you!)
11. What is the best thing that ever happened to you so far?
When I got accepted into a graphic design course a couple of years ago. I had decided that if I didn't get in I was going to continue with my financial planning studies. So when I surprisingly got accepted it changed my life (can't ever see myself as a financial planner now!)
11 Questions For My Nominees:
1. Who is your favourite author?
2. What are you reading right now?
3. What is your favourite season & why?
4. What are you afraid of?
5. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. Do you prefer ebooks, paperback or hardcovers, why?
7. What's the best book to movie adaptation?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What is your dream holiday?
10. Do you have to finish a book even if it's terrible?