Top Ten Tuesday: Words/Topics That Make Me NOT Pick Up a Book
Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make You NOT pick up a book:
(1) Cheating - if a lead character is a cheater chances are I will hate them with a burning passion
(2) Dominant/Controlling Alpha-Males - Now I'm not talking about the bad boys who like to be a little dominant (they're totally fine). I'm talking about the ones that like to control what the heroines eat, how they dress and what they do every waking moment of the day. It's not sexy and if any guy tried to tell me what to eat & wear I would punch him in his junk!!
(3) Tragic - As soon as I see this word I'm out. If the story starts with a tragedy thats fine, but not a tragic ending
(4) Terminal Illness - I read to escape all the horrible things that happen in real life, so stories about characters dyeing just upset me too much.
(5) Love Triangle - there are of course exceptions to this but generally not a fan of them.
(7) Gore - Yeah, this one kind of continues on the horror theme - I told you I am a complete sook and can't handle anything scary or violent or I won't sleep for weeks…seriously I've never made it all the way through a horror film :(
(8) Zombies - I don't know what it is about them but I find them so gross (again there are a few exceptions to this one)
(9) War (as in realistic war) - not really a fan of stories the revolve around WW 1 or 2. If it's just the setting that's fine, but not if it's the centre of the story. War tactics etc don't interest me.
(10) Autobiographies - unless I'm really interested in a particular person's life, I usually bypass biographies. I'm all about fiction!
So you can probably tell from this list that I pretty much like non-violent sappy HEA stories!
Well those are my Top Ten Ten - what about yours?